Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Beginning

In 2009 I started this blog.... http://www.abbys365.blogspot.com/.  I really did take a picture a day for an entire year. It kind of burned me out from taking photos, and  what I found was I am a photographer of emotion, not of real amazing technical skill. I try my best at making memories for my friends, and family - and in the midst of it all express myself through photos.
Laurel's Boquet
I have done a little bit of everything, but not a lot of anything, so I haven't really found my 'niche' and though I'd love to quit my day job and take on photography all the time, It's more realistically probably a retirement gig. Plus, I really like my day job! Either way, to ever take it on as even a hobby job, I have to strive to be both technically skilled, and passionate about bringing out that emotion for people.

For my entire "career" I have been shooting with what I like to call my "wedding photographer" It's a Canon Rebel EOS. It was my first DSLR and I purchased it a few weeks prior to my own wedding and then handed it to a friend on "auto" mode and she shot my wedding photos. My dear Rebel finally failed me on vacation this year with my husband in San Antonio Texas, so I knew it was time to do the research and replace it.

My new Canon 60D is due to my doorstep in the next week or so. I am SO excited!!! I have done my research and with the budget that I have, this is definitely the best camera I can justify right now. But with that I wanted to start my photography blog up again. I enjoyed it when I posted to 365, but this one is to archive my "shoots" and serve as a sneak peek to my "clients".

Since Blog posts aren't as much fun without photos, here's the back log of my favorites from my "Official" shoots with friends. There will be more soon, but don't hold your breath, it might take me a minute to get this off the ground.

In the time being, if you wish to have a FREE photo shoot to help me sharpen my skill, please let me know, I'd be happy to oblige!

So, the first few pictures are of my friend Laurel and her groom Jon.  It was my first wedding, and I shot a TON, There are flaws in my photos, I know, but I was pretty proud of what I did. 
Laurel and her 1st dance with her Daddy.

Laurel with her Groom, enjoying their reception.
 Another shoot (which was a lot of fun) was with my friend Megan who had just gotten her first jersey for her Fresh Meat Roller Derby team. I love these shots.
 





One of my first shoots was for dear Laurel and her Groom Jon ... their engagement photos...





One of the more random shoots I ever did was for Megan and her friend Amanda.

They wanted better profile pictures for their dating websites.

They worked - In case you were wondering!
 And lastly, we have miss Serenity - this was 100% impromptu with my friend Mariya. It's her niece and she ended up giving the photos to Serenity's Mom as a surprise. It was so much fun!

I have a lot of hopes for this website, but mostly that you enjoy my work. I just want to put it out there, who knows maybe someday I'll get paid for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment